best of 2010, our favorite bakery is Thorough Bread and Pastry
It was a great year for bakeries in SF, with several notable openings. Yet despite the competition one bakery still holds the title of our favorite and that is Thorough Bread and Pastry.
Why we love it:
– beautifully prepared food, every item we’ve ever had there has been exquisite
– broad choice, from morning pastries and loaves of bread to small, beautifully decorated artisanal desserts, parisian macarons and even sandwich offerings at lunch
– the prices are very reasonable, and it’s a great value for your money
– the beautiful space, perfect for lingering. Not only is there ample seating indoors but check out the charming garden behind- it’s a great place to read over your coffe or, to take a special friend for lunch.
– they have a mission, and that is to train future bakers. This store is affiliated with the San Francisco Baking Institute and serves as a laboratory for the students.
– friendly, quick service. It’s quite fun to shop here, and they’ll take good care of you.
248 Church St (between Market St & 15th St)
San Francisco, CA 94114